Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm I the only one this happens to?

Tonight I put the kids to bed, and came back downstairs to watch t.v. with Matt.  The kids then had to come back down and "tell us somefing."  After we sent them back upstairs, we thought everything was great.  The kids are asleep, we are enjoying time together, and I'm able to finish cleaning the kitchen without interruption.
Sometimes Eli has a hard time when he doesn't go potty before bed.  When he wakes up, he doesn't realize that the reason he woke up is because he has to pee.  This makes him delirious and all he can do is scream.
Tonight he woke up, came downstairs and Matt told him to go potty.  Eli decided to go back upstairs to the bathroom and the whole way he was crying.  I ended up going upstairs to see what the problem was and he was standing at the sink, peeing on the cupboards.  I tried to get him to move to the toilet, but the only way I could do that was to pick him up and move him.  Of course he didn't stop peeing so now the whole bathroom is covered.  I put him back to bed and asked Matt to come help me.  He thought I was crying and asked what was wrong.  I told him what happened and neither one of us could stop laughing.  I was crying.   It may be one of those where you just had to be there, but it was the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time.

No comments: