I have had tons on my mind. I think that I have to start from the beginning (reminder, this is a journal. This post might be a little scattered, but I need to get these thoughts from my head onto the computer). In May, after my d&c, the Dr. said that we needed to wait for 2 months to get pregnant. I asked if she thought that it would be quick? She said yes, especially considering how quickly I got pregnant with the other 2 (less than a month). Every month I have had terrible nausea every time I eat. I'm sure that I'm pregnant, and then nothing. I'm frustrated. I feel that the Lord and I have had a very in depth conversation about this, and every time I get the answer that my family isn't complete. Matt has been wonderful through this entire adventure, but the question still remains. Is this the right thing for us? I think that I finally have some idea of why I haven't been getting pregnant.
I went to the Dr. and she said that she wanted to make sure that I wasn't pregnant. I wasn't. She asked when I got nauseated. I told her that it was every time after I ate. She told me that it could be acid reflux. She put me on Prilosec, and off I went. 2 days later, my heartburn was unbearable. I called to find out if this was normal (one of those things that has to get worse before it gets better). She called back and told me that I needed to go get an ultrasound. Now a year ago, Matt's mom had her gallbladder out, and the way they found out was through an ultrasound. Ok, now I think that this might be it. The day after the ultrasound (before I got the results), the heartburn was so bad my torso felt like it was on fire. I went to the ER and they found NOTHING. Not my gallbladder. This was on a Friday.
Monday, I'm back at the Dr. and she tells me that I need to go to a GI Dr. I went last Thursday, he said that he doesn't know what it is, but is going to start doing some tests to start eliminating things. First, no more dairy (this has been very difficult). Next, blood work. 9 vials of blood. After having a baby, I'm not too squeamish about needles, but that's a lot of blood. After about 7 the room started shimmering. Luckily after she was done, I got to sit for a few minutes.
As of today the no dairy isn't working. I still have both nausea and heartburn, but my body does feel better. I don't feel achy, and it seems like I have more energy.
Next step, I have to get an endoscopy. With this, the Dr. is going to put a camera down my throat, and check to see if I have ulcers, and maybe take a biopsy of other organs to make sure they're working properly.
I'll keep you updated on this. The endoscopy is next week. Hopefully I can start getting some answers.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment