Saturday, October 27, 2012

Kimber Joy Finlayson

It's 3 weeks early, but here she is.  Kimber was born at 8:27am on Wed. Oct 24, 2012.  She weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. and is 19 inches long.  I was scheduled for a c-section on Nov. 5, but I woke up on Wed morning to go to the bathroom.  As I was getting up to go back to bed I started gushing fluid.  I kept trying to get up, but every time I moved more water would gush out.  Matt had already left for work so I knew I needed to get to my phone to call him.  My hope was that he was still in Phoenix and hadn't left the valley.  I knew he had to go to Flagstaff and if he was there, I was pretty sure he wouldn't make it back.  
I ran to get my phone, and ran back to the toilet.  I called Matt, and he was just getting ready to leave the valley.  He said he would get it taken care of and would call me later.  Then I called Heidi (mom in law), and she said she was on her way.  The other thing I was supposed to do was watch Matt's cousins that day so I needed to tell them that I wouldn't be able to.  And I had to get someone to watch my kids while I went to the hospital.  After I got all that taken care of, Heidi was almost to the house as well as someone to watch the kids.  Heidi picked me up, and we headed to the hospital (sitting on a towel. I'm not sure why, but I didn't think that I would be GUSHING fluid the whole time).  I called Matt again and he said he was almost to the hospital.  When we pulled up, Matt brought out a wheelchair and Heidi turned around to go back to take care of my kids.  As we got up to  Labor and Delivery, the nurse didn't even have to check me to tell if my water had broken.  They had to find where my Dr. was, and found out that she was at the other hospital about 20 minutes away.  But she was also delivering another baby so she said she would be to the hospital by 8.  We had a time.  
At 7:57 the Dr. walked in and said that we were ready.  I got taken back and everything went great.  Matt watched almost the whole thing, and when she was pulled out she looked purple and wasn't really crying.  The pediatrician told me it was probably because I had been taking zoloft during the pregnancy and that made the baby sleepy and lazy.  She didn't want to take deep breaths.  They put a CPAP on her to help give her air but made her breathe on her own.  She almost immediately pinked up and she has been wonderful ever since then.  We got released from the hospital yesterday and it's been wonderful having her home.  Her brother and sister love her so much as well!




1 comment:

Malerie said...

oh she is tiny! but not really for 3 weeks early. so cute and so precious. Congrats PIPER!