Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time

I'm trying to figure out how everyone does this. I work 40 hours a week, have 2 darling (but troublesome) children, and then a house that I'm tring to paint, decorate, and get so it's livable for us and whoever wants to come visit us. I can't even get all my pictures on the computer right now. I have to find my camera first. So any thoughts on how to get more time for blogging?

2 comments:

megan nice said...

quit your job...that's why i have so much free time!! just kidding... :)

atec said...

I don't necessarily have advice, but I can tell you how I get it done. 1- I decide that it's important to me & my family (since we don't scrapbook, or do much journal writing or even photo albums.....it's a must as far as family history). 2- Decide how often I can ACTUALLY get a post up (for me that's once a week because I like it & so much happens that I like having the record). 3- Pick a time that I can MOSTlY consistently get it done (we decided that sundays are a good day for family history, they are a little slower, and paul's around to help out with clark). 4- decide what I want to include on the blog (for us that's some life thoughts, a review of the week & a few pictures & video clips).

I think the most important thing for me was the first step, realizing that if we don't do this my kids will never have their own baby pictures or scrapbooks, or baby journals (like my mom did). That motivated me with the rest, and now it's a habit! I also think it helps that Paul thinks it's as important as I do. Good luck though!