So I'm not a stay-at-home mom, but more than anything I want to be. The Lord has told me that it's not time yet. I'm trying to be patient. Anyway, onto what I was planning on saying. I just read a friends blog and it made me think about what it means to be a mom. Yes, I wipe bums, and noses and clean up the house, I read to them, play with them, and I discipline them. But I also work 40 hours a week, clean the house, do laundry, cook, vacuum, and I have about a million projects all going at the same time. Oma has a saying that I love.
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow, for children grow up we learn to our sorrow." I don't remember the rest but you get the gist of it. So now I'm wondering how much I'm really missing when I'm not at home. Is it worth it? I hope so, I hope that I only have to do this working-mom thing for another year or 2 (hopefully only 1).
Sorry, I just needed to vent. After all, this is a journal for me.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Remember though your children are always with people that love them, very much. There with Daddy, or Oma, Nani, or Miss Patty. They very lucky little kids to have so many loving adults in there life.
Piper, you're doing a great job. You are teaching me a lot by your example. For me it was hard to even teach 12 students a week...even though all the parents were okay with me having Cpc there without a babysitter. I felt guilty that I wasn't giving him my full attention, that I was missing opportunities while my attention was directed elsewhere. I know I was lucky, and that I'm even more lucky now...and blessed. Thank you for helping me remember that. Your time will come for sure....especially as you keep striving for it! You're a trooper!
Post a Comment