My little sister Nile just received her mission call. This was a first for us. Since she's the fourth girl, I wasn't sure if we were going to have a missionary before Sam. Because she is at BYU Idaho, my family drove up there tonight for her to open it (they love their road trips). Then, thanks to modern technology, I was able to Facetime with them to hear it first hand. The next thing I heard is that she is going to Tokyo, Japan and is reporting to the MTC on Dec. 28th.
I'm so proud of you Nile, getting to teach the people of Japan isn't going to be easy, but it will be the single most important thing that you have done in your life to this point. I look at all that I have, and know that nothing is perfect. But I wonder how much easier my life in the gospel would be if I had gone on a mission. Or if Matt had. I truly know how everything happens for a reason, and I wouldn't have met Matt had he gone on a mission. But you never know how some things would have turned out differently.
We Love You. You will definitely be in our prayers.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
thank you so much Piper. I love you and I'm so happy you were able to be a part of last night. I am so excited so serve the people of Japan. It's going to be tough, but I know that I will experience things and receive blessings that I never would have otherwise. I love you.
wahoo nile!!
Wow! Awesome! You know my brother went to Tokyo and LOVED it. Hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment