Friday, October 2, 2009

Should I be excited?

I'm torn.  On the one hand I'm thrilled, my kids are going to Texas with their Oma.  On the other hand, I'm not going to get to see them for over a week.  Really I know that I'm going to miss them, but I'm excited to have a week with no kids.  Does that make me a bad mom?  I know that they are going to have tons of fun, and really, they are probably not going to even want to talk to me while they're gone (seriously, they never want to talk to the parent that isn't at home).  And I know that they are totally safe and with people that love them sooo much.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some things done that have taken the back burner while they're awake (it doesn't leave a lot of time to get things done after they have gone to bed).
Good luck to Oma and have fun with the kids.  I'll try to have fun without them.

4 comments:

Leslie Smoot said...

When are they leaving? No, you're not a bad mom for being excited for a week alone. Every mom needs a little alone time, once in a while.

Malerie said...

wow, a whole week? you should be excited. You'll totally miss them and be way ready to see them when they get home so that means you're a great mom! but there is nothing wrong with being excited to get some kidless time.

i'm excited to hear how it all goes for you:)

Nat said...

I don't have kids, but I think you deserve a little break time!

Lindy K said...

Hi Piper! Glad to see you're doing well-- cute kiddos! Don't worry, I don't comment on any blogs but my famiy's, but I read a lot of them. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there cyber-stalking people, so keep blogging! I have like 5 followers and they're all my immediate family. Don't sweat it (:
Take care!