Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Utah

Well we ended up going to Utah unexpectedly.  Matt's great-grandmother passed away (at age 98) and my Grandma Mary Lee isn't doing too well, so we decided that we should go see them.  The kids were still in Texas, so they met us up there.  We got to travel by ourselves, (I loved it) and when the kids got there it was great to see them.  I decided that I had had enough of them being gone.
After the funeral in Huntington, Utah, we went up to Provo to see my family.  I was happy to see that Grandma Mary Lee was in a lot better shape then I had imagined. After visiting everyone in Provo, we went to see my family in Salt Lake.  I have to say, I love Utah at this time of year.  The trees were gorgeous and it was still fairly warm.  My mom took us to Thanksgiving Point to the "Barnyard Boo" and the kids had a blast.  We got to see lots of animals, go on pony rides, wagon rides, and decorate cookies.
Click here to see Thanksgiving Point



Of course both of the kids loved playing at Grammy's house, and they thought that the Potato Heads were the best.  Peyton got into my mom's mascara and she looked a little like  Marilyn Manson. Not something that I would suggest.  
One of the trees lost all of it's leaves while we were there, so they also got to play in leaf piles.  That isn't something that we get to do here. Then Eli was a great helper and he helped rake the leaves up and put them in the bags.   I also got a picture of the house I grew up in, except you can barely see it now.  The trees have gotten so big the house is totally hidden.
 Click here to see the kids playing

1 comment:

jill said...

hey piper,

in answer to your question...the size of the surf sea and sunset photo is 13" x 20" and would cost $100 (they cost a lot for me to print them on the canvas) to give you an idea of pricing. of course you can always get custom sizing. let me know if you are still interested and we can work something out. thanks!!